Lockwood Padde Series Z4 and Z8 Single Non Monitored Electromagnetic Locks
The Single Series Electromagnetic Locks operate with holding forces from 250kg up to 580kg. Covering a range of applications the Z4 and Z8 Electromagnets are ideal for applications from standard doors through to high use commercial swing doors.
With fixing options including wood, aluminium and steel constructions, as well as glass door applications, the range caters to most electromagnetic needs.
- Fail-safe: unlocks when power is removed
- Easy installation: suitable for both new and retrofit usage
- High holding force: refer to the technical data overleaf
- Self-alignment: armature plate pivots to accommodate door drop
- Silent operation: no humming or buzzing
- Dual voltage: site selectable 12 or 24 Vdc
- Instantaneous Release: smart electronics on the Z Series Electromagnets eliminate residual magnetism
- Aluminium doors
- Glass doors
- IT Storage rooms
- Access control
- Surface mount for inswing and outswing doors
Standards and Compliance
- Successfully fire rated up to 4hrs on fire door assemblies in accordance with AS1905.1. 2005 (Part 1: Fire resistant door sets)
- CE Approved
- C-Tick Certified
- Holding Force* 550kg – 580kg
- Dimensions (L)266 x (H)72 x (D)40 mm
- Voltage 12Vdc/ 24Vdc ±10%
- Current 512mA @ (12Vdc) 256mA @ (24Vdc)
- Monitoring None
- Operating Temperature -10 to 55 Degrees
- Operating Humidity 0 – 95%
Holding force is measured directly between armature and magnet, holding force on the door may vary depending on the leverage created.
The Single Series Electromagnetic Lock should be constructed in an aluminium case with heavy-duty electromagnet. The range only operates in fail-safe mode and relies on a secondary lock or battery backup system. In some cases, the magnet armature plate pivots to accommodate door drop. The lock needs to be equipped with “smart electronics” that have zero residual magnetism, (instantaneous release). This is crucial for correct operation.