Lockwood Padde Series ES8000-S V-Lock
The world famous and original V-Lock has been completely re-engineered to provide superior performance and reliability.
The ES8000-S now incorporates a new motor and 1:19 ratio gearbox providing up to 65% additional preload capability and a higher locking force up to 10Kg.
The electronic circuitry has also been completely upgraded to intelligently detect the locked state with “smart” retry function & uses on average 25% less peak current draw.
Aside from some minor cosmetic changes, the lock body and overall footprint remains unchanged and is a direct retrofit for the original V-Lock.
The ES8000-S has a high torque motorised bolt that moves from the vertical position to the horizontal state when locked. The bolt moves into the V shaped strike plate & allows for door misalignment of up to 7mm. The high torque motorised bolt can be concealed from view or surface mounted and has the world’s first fail-safe motor locking mechanism.
- Side load – Pre-load Capable Lock will unlock with up to 25kg of side pressure when wired in 3 wire mode
- Door misalignment of up to 3.5mm +/- (total of 7mm)
- Power to Lock (Fail Safe) / Power to Open (Fail Secure) field configurable
- High Torque Motorised locking and unlocking (3 wire mode)
- High Speed Operation. Unlocks in less than 1 second
- Intelligent smart retry locking function
- Surface Mount Accessory Kit. Ideal for 180° swing through glass door applications
- Multiple applications – For Interior Doors the lock can be mounted vertically or horizontally (Note: for exterior doors due to possible water ingress the ES8000 must be mounted horizontally)
- 5 Year Tricare Warranty
- Misaligned doors
- Timber Doors
- Glass Doors
Standards and Compliance
- SCEC Endorsed (Intruder Resistant Bracket Required)
- Successfully fire rated up to 4hrs on fire door assemblies in accordance with AS1905.1. 2005 (Part 1: Fire resistant door sets).
- CE Approved
- Voltage: 12 to 24Vdc, Voltage Tolerance 12V (+15% – 0%) 24V(+/- 15%)
Peak Current 1000mA*
Idle Current 19mA
- Monitoring: COM, NO, NC Voltage free changeover contacts rated at 48 dc/100mA
- Unlocking Time: 1 sec
- Locking Time: 3 sec
- Security: Passed S3 (AS4145.2- 1993)
- Strength: Maximum 1000kg (with supported strike plate and bracket)
- Unlocking Preload: Side Load rated: Motorised Unlocking – 25kg max at bolt
- Endurance: 300,000 operations
- Environment: Operational temperature range -20°C to + 60°C
- Lock Body: Stainless Steel Lock Body and Faceplate
- Bolt: 11mm diameter, 20.5mm projection
- Specification Statement
The lock must be a high torque motorised bolt with pre-load tolerance. The strike plate must be shaped in a V format to accommodate for misaligned doors. Lock will unlock with up to 25kg of side pressure and will be powered with 12-24v and draw no more than 1000mA. The lock must be configured for Power to Lock (fail safe) or Power to Open (fail secure). The lock must be triggered with a magnet positioned in strike plate and be monitored for locked unlocked and door position.